#4 Cabin Fever

Welcome to the blog - Peg here.



Let's be honest. We have Cabin Fever (as opposed to Saturday Night Fever).

This is a time of reviewing and reworking our business model. We want to be a part of the community in all of the world's phases, and this is surely a phase. This too shall pass. But for now, it's all about sanity and safety. And life during a bout of Cabin Fever.

Here's how I stay sane. King Tut. Or contrasting versions of Summertime. Listen to Janis and
 Ella. Or contrasting versions of Purple Rain. Listen to Prince and then listen to Etta. Or the song of our coldbrew namesake, Bob-o-link.

To help you feel safe and sane, we have a site so you can avoid handling money - and you can order ahead... https://the-coffee-roost.square.site/

But after that sane little bit of shopping therapy... I thought while you are drinking your cup of heavenly JAVA, you might want something to occupy your time. Other than making yourself crazy by looking at the news 24/7. That creates fear, and fear is a monster, And... as our good Mayor Nathan Senn said in his excellent post of April 3rd- the way to stop the monster is to stop feeding it.

So here are wonderful some things to do (other than checking out the news coverage).

Visit Unreal City Audio for a tour of Old London's Coffee House history - they have a clip for free to enjoy. (We bought the whole thing for under $7 and have enjoyed it.) They fulfill the orders manually, so it may take a day or two to process it. Marty worried a bit when he sent money and it didn't show up all at once. But it is great.

I've been spending a lot of time home and I bet you have too. We need things to do - something besides binge-watching Tiger King music videos. We had to talk Tim down from wearing a mullet cap with Joe Exotic's face superimposed over a safety mask. He also thought of wearing a tiger costume and waving from the front window. That is still under consideration.

But I digress.

Here you go - look through and enjoy
https://www.futureforall.org/virtual-online-museums.html

Still, at the shop, we are all a little weird right about now. Marty is watching George Harrison sing "I've got my mind set on you". The remake video was bizarre but the special effects fit the bill. Here is the original version by James Ray.

Granted, The Coffee Roost is open, so we have something to focus upon as we make your frappe or latte. For now, I am coming out for curbside in my face mask and gloves to serve. I'm focused. But after the shift, like everyone else, I am hunkering down at home. No eating out (but Roma has takeout!), no riding to the movies. I find myself drawn to old Miami Vice episodes, or Midsommer shows, or even occasionally an episode of Fantasy Island. I won't even begin to tell you about my habit of looking up old SNL shows.

Stay safe, stay sane and know we are thinking of you. We are all in this together.


Comments